Radiodetection RD7200 Cable and Pipe Locator
Our Livechat team is currently unavailable. Please use the “Contact Us” option under “Support” or try again during our hours of Livechat operation:
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
Introducing the RD7200 by Radiodetection - a high-performance locator and transmitter designed to deliver speed, accuracy, and reliable performance across multiple industries. Here's a closer look at the technical product description of the RD7200:
Speed, Accuracy, and Reliable Performance:
The RD7200 is easy to deploy and use, providing fast, precise, and repeatable measurements. Here are some of its features that make it stand out:
- Industrial Grade Display: The RD7200 locators and transmitters use transflective low power LCD technology that uses ambient light to improve screen readability in direct sunlight and extend battery life.
- TruDepth and Current Readout: Radiodetection's TruDepth displays precise depth and current measurements, only when the RD7200 is correctly oriented above the target. Measurement consistency gives high confidence that the correct line is being followed.
- High Performance Audio and Vibration Alerts: The RD7200 waterproof speaker housing has been tuned to provide optimum resonance for your choice of high or low frequency tones. Five power output audio levels and vibration alerts assist technicians working in challenging situations.
Accurate Locating Across Multiple Industries:
The RD7200 is designed to work across multiple industries, and here are some of the specific applications for which it is suitable:
Construction: Accurate and simple to use, the RD7200 comes with eight active and three passive frequencies that cover the majority of site locating tasks. A rugged, IP65 rated casing along with a high contrast screen make it suitable for use in all weather conditions.
Power: In complex power environments, with multiple signals from high voltage equipment and cables, Radiodetection's Dynamic Overload Protection reduces the effect of interference and Power Filters can be used to trace a single target line amongst multiple cables.
Water and Pipeline: A wide choice of active frequencies allows conductive pipes to be traced for long distances. Where sondes or cameras are used to survey pipes made from a variety of materials (including cast iron, clay, fiber, concrete, and brick), the four RD7200 sonde frequencies are ideal for quickly locating and tracing their position. Pipes with Cathodic Protection System can be followed using the CPS passive mode. CPS compass mode ensures alignment with the target pipeline.
Telecom: The RD7200 features higher frequencies to locate high impedance lines and sonde frequencies for duct and conduit tracing. Higher frequencies can also be used to trace sheathed domestic cables without grounding connections. Cable sheath faults can be located to within 4" (10cm) using 8kHz Fault Find mode with a Radiodetection A-Frame.
Protecting Technicians and Infrastructures:
The RD7200 offers many features designed to drive correct usage, reduce utility damage, and improve safety. Here are some of these features:
- Swing Warning System: Locators must be kept perpendicular to the ground for best accuracy. RD7200 locators have a built-in gyroscopic measurement system which alerts the user of excessive swing, driving correct usage.
- StrikeAlert in Active and Passive Locating Modes: Visual and audio warnings of shallow cables reduce the risk of accidents.
- Vibration Feedback: The RD7200 locator handle vibrates when alerts activate, leaving the operator to concentrate on the job at hand.
Rugged and Reliable:
The RD7200 is a rugged locator capable of operating in most difficult conditions. Here are some of its features that make it so:
- Made in the UK - No Compromise on Quality: The RD7200 locator and transmitters are designed and manufactured in Great Britain and are subjected to a rigorous test regime before leaving the factory.
- Use It All Day, Day After Day - Light Weight and Ergonomic: The RD7200 has been designed around the operator's needs.
|Li-Ion pack: 35 hours. 2 × Alkaline D-Cells 13 hours
|Injection Molded ABS Plastic
|Rugged, IP65 rated casing that is suitable for use in all weather conditions
|-20°C to 50° (14°F to 122°F)
|Metric: 648mm × 286mm × 125mm, Imperial: 25.5" × 11.3" × 4.9"
|2 × D-Cell alkaline batteries (standard) / Custom Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery pack