Radiodetection RD8200G Cable and Pipe Locator with built-in Usage Logging and GPS
Our Livechat team is currently unavailable. Please use the “Contact Us” option under “Support” or try again during our hours of Livechat operation:
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
Radiodetection RD8200G is a top-of-the-range precision cable and pipe locator system designed and manufactured in the UK. The system is designed for professional users who require fast and accurate location of buried cables, pipes, and other underground infrastructure. The RD8200G system is equipped with advanced features and diamond cut precision antenna systems that deliver fast and precise results in the field.
The RD8200G system comes with advanced features that make it a high-end, no-compromise locator designed for professional use in locating underground power cables, telecommunication network cables, and buried pipes. The following are some of the advanced features of the RD8200G system:
- Internal logging and in-built GPS for accurate tracking and mapping of underground infrastructure.
- 22 active locate frequencies and 5 passive locate modes for precise location of buried infrastructure.
- Digital signal processing for class-leading sensitivity and reliable results even in congested infrastructure.
- Strike alert to keep operators safe while working.
- Custom frequencies programming for locating signals found on specific target networks.
The RD8200G system has various performance enhancements that make it an excellent upgrade over previous versions of Radiodetection's precision locator range. Some of the performance enhancements include:
- RDMap™+ for easy and cm accurate utility mapping: Add positional data to your survey measurements with the integrated GNSS option, and use RD MAP+ to create in real time*, detailed maps of buried utilities. Combine with a high accuracy external positioning device, such as the Trimble Catalyst RTK solution, to create high accuracy utility maps.
- Ease of setup and use: The RD8200G system is designed to be an out-of-the-box solution, with a simple and familiar interface. The new display is readable even in sunlight, and a new high-performance audio system also adds vibration alerts for use even in the noisiest environments.
- Dual Bluetooth connectivity: The RD8200G locator provides a dual Bluetooth system, which combines long-range iLOC functionality and low power connectivity to deliver a system ready to connect to cloud-based data solutions.
- Power Filters™: A single key press enables the use of the harmonic properties of power signals to establish if a signal comes from one source or from multiple cables, which can then be traced and marked.
The RD8200G locator automatically stores all locate parameters, providing a comprehensive picture of field operations. The information can be analyzed by supervisors or health and safety personnel to assess usage patterns, identify training needs, or evidence task completion or compliance to service requirements. Usage data can be exported in multiple file formats, such as KML for Google Maps, to confirm where and when work was performed.
|Li-Ion pack: 35 hours. 2 × Alkaline D-Cells 13 hours
|Injection Molded ABS Plastic
|Rugged, IP65 rated casing that is suitable for use in all weather conditions
|-20°C to 50° (-4°F to 122°F)
|Metric: 648mm × 286mm × 125mm, Imperial: 25.5" × 11.3" × 4.9"
|2 × D-Cell (MN1300 / LR20) alkaline batteries (standard) or Rechargeable Custom Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery pack 2 × D-Cell (MN1300 / LR20) Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries