Radiodetection TX-5 5 Watt Transmitter
Our Livechat team is currently unavailable. Please use the “Contact Us” option under “Support” or try again during our hours of Livechat operation:
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
Radiodetection has developed a fully digital platform to support its range of cable, pipe, and RF marker locators. The Tx-5 Transmitter is part of this family and has been specifically designed to provide higher current and induction capability.
Higher Signal Currents and 90V Output Capability
The Tx-5 Transmitter offers both 30V and 90V output options, resulting in higher signal current delivered on high impedance target lines than typical transmitters that only offer a 50V output. This results in higher signal levels that are more locatable and travel over longer distances.
SideStepauto™ for Improved Locate Accuracy
The Tx-5 Transmitter features SideStepauto™, which allows the transmitter to calculate the optimum frequency based on ground impedance. The transmitter uses this information to optimize the active frequency. This feature improves locate accuracy and extends battery life.
Customizable Transmitter Range
The transmitter range features Direct Connect and induction frequencies compatible with locators across the RD8000 range. Using the ‘model’ feature, the Tx-5 Transmitter can be easily customized to match your locator. The Tx-10B transmitter includes the additional ‘PTL’ model featuring the additional frequencies of the RD8000 PTLM locator.
The Tx-5 Transmitter includes a multimeter function that enables quick measurements of output voltage, line voltage, current, impedance, and power. This feature helps to streamline troubleshooting and diagnostics.
Flexible Power Options
The Tx-5 Transmitter can be powered by either 8 standard D-cell batteries (alkaline or rechargeable NiMH) or by the Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery pack (available as an option). Alternatively, the Tx range can be powered from a 12V vehicle source using a Radiodetection approved isolation transformer.
The accessory tray includes a ground stake, direct connect leads, and earth reel, making the Tx-5 Transmitter easy to use in any field environment.
- Three power versions: 1 Watt, 5 Watt and 10 Watt
- 8kHz Fault Find – locates faults from short circuit up to 2M?
- Current Direction Fault Find – for long distance fault finding
- 5 or 13 CD paired frequencies (model dependent)
- Current delivered at 30V or high voltage mode (90V for high impedance operation)
- 256Hz to 200kHz active frequency range
- Selectable modes support RD7000+ and RD8000 specific model locator frequency ranges (Tx-10B required for PTLM models)
- 8 induction frequencies
- iLOC (on Tx-5B and Tx-10B only)
- 250V Transient overvoltage protection
- Multimeter function
- 8 D-cell battery cassette/rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack option
- Accessory tray (for ground stake, direct connect leads and earth reel)
- Plug and play accessories
- External 12V DC operation (using Radiodetection isolation transformer)
- Click-touch splash-proof sealed keypad
- High contrast LCD
|Alk: 4 hours NI-Mh: 7 hours Li-Ion: 8 hours
|-4 to 122°F / -10 to 50°C
|8 D-cell battery cassette/rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack option
|LCD with auto backlight.
|± 5% of depth
|8 induction frequencies