Our Livechat team is currently unavailable. Please use the “Contact Us” option under “Support” or try again during our hours of Livechat operation:
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
Radiodetection’s C.AT4 and Genny4 offer a comprehensive range of Cable Avoidance Tools designed to provide operators with locators that are both simple to operate and offer a range of options and features to improve survey speed and accuracy.
- Simultaneous dual frequency helps locating Small Diameter cables.
- Dynamic Overvoltage Protection enable the locator to operate in electrically noisy areas.
- Avoidance mode, speeds the survey by searching for Power, Radio and Genny signals simultaneously.
As a safety critical tool the CAT4 range also offers a number of features designed to support safe working and help to drive utility strike rates down.
- StrikeAlert warns of the presence of shallow cables.
- SWING Waning, for example, warns the user of incorrect usage whilst CALSafe automatically disables the unit on the expiry of the calibration period.
- Built in Data logging and GPS/GNSS receiver enables usage and location analysis and reporting.
- Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity to Android and iOS devices.
- Service Due indicator and CalSafe help preventing usage of the instruments behind the calibration due date.
The eCERT online service provides the convenience of being able to extend the validity of the Calibration period for another year in the field.
Network Rail Use
The C.A.T4 and eC.A.T4 models, the Genny4 Signal Generator, and their accessories are approved for use on the UK’s national rail infrastructure, managed by Network Rail.
C.A.T4, eC.A.T4 and Genny4 are accepted for use on Network Rail infrastructure within the defined scope of acceptance and any specific conditions in the certificate. They must be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
C.A.T4 and Genny4 have been designed to be compatible with all C.A.T3 and Genny3 accessories.
|Range||120dB @ 10 Hz|
|Operating Temperature||-20ºC to +50ºC.|
|Battery Type||2 x LR20 (D) 1.5 V alkaline|
|Accuracy||± 10% of depth|